Friday, May 15, 2009

How fragile a simple model can be...

In the last updates of the EasyTree I "only" changed the zone orientation meaning, and moved the splitter from the zone header to the opposite side of the zone - and now the layout seems to be broken :-(

While everything looked fine at the first glance, when docking and undocking components, some zones refused to resize properly. The more I tried to find the reason for that strange behaviour, the less I understood what really was going on. When I finally tried to redesign the entire handling of the zone bounds, I learned more about the subtle design of my tree model, and that it was not a good idea to change it at all.

Now I have to revert to the last working state, long before the addition of the notebook zones, and must verify that in this state all zones resize properly. Then I can introduce the notebooks again, and hope that then they will resize properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment